[thechat] Mac question

Dave Fitch lists at dere-street.com
Wed Oct 17 14:24:03 CDT 2001

Erika Meyer <emeyer at lclark.edu> said:

>w/ Mac you go into the app you want and go "file - open" and open the file.

You can also get a set of CMMs [contextual menu thingies... think
they're Trygvie's...from www.bombaydigital.com ] that will allow you
to do all sorts of cool things. You can fill a folder with aliases to
your fave applications and then right click on the file, and get a
list of applications to use to open the file, or you can change the
creator type, or the file type... well worth getting.

>I admit I've had the prob with BBEdit 6 on OS 9, but going into the
>app and "file - open" always works for me...

If dragging doesn't work then there may be something wrong with your
desktop db...
Dave