[thechat] Webcam security

Kevin Stevens kjs at ratking.co.uk
Thu Oct 18 06:37:52 CDT 2001

Me again
             Thanks for the Mac information, nice to see that sparked a
healthy debate :)
OK, what I am after is a program that will upload images from my webcam when
the motion sensor is triggered. I have bought a cheap camera from Dexxa
(http://www.dexxaweb.com) which appears to be exactly the same as the
Logitech one, £10 cheaper, and it has motion sensor software (but not to do
what I want). I have had a trawl round Tucows and CNET but they don't seem
to have exactly what I am looking for. What I want this for is to monitor
the flat while we are out, and if anyone breaks in and nicks all our stuff
at least I'll have them on camera. Anyone know of a program that will do
this?

Thanks again

Kevin Stevens
kjs at ratking.co.uk