[thechat] Hockey Was: Re: Boring >

Scott Dexter sgd at ti3.com
Thu Oct 18 10:10:15 CDT 2001

> Um... yeah, to say the least.  Still can't figure out why you
> guys got rid
> of him in favour of Belfour, but whatever.  It's nice to

at the time (three years ago) he wasn't ready. Boy is he now...

We'll see if Marty Turco can make himself known (Dallas' current backup)

> Personally, I'm delighted as hell that Craig Button has
> learned a thing or
> two from his time in Dallas.  Thanks for sending him our way.  :-)

You gotta love the Gainey system, or is that the Montreal system? You
got a couple winners now...

> Hitchcock isn't exactly happy with his european all-stars... oh well.

benched Audette three games in (multi-million, multi-year player) cause
he wasn't seeing Hitch's light: work hard, all the time, and get your
ass back on defense... he's worked his way back into the lineup since,
but was transparent in the local press here; he really doesn't like the
defense-first way Dallas plays. But he'll adjust, they always do =)

While Turgeon hasn't had a goal yet, everyone is very positive about him
(he does have a handful of assists) ... Kaminsky is pretty much a no
show, and Lumme isn't on the ice long enough (as a 5th/6th defenseman)
to make much of an impact in the game, though they are having him be on
the 2nd power play unit

The biggest buzz is Lehtinen's red-hot start. Nice to see him back to
his Selke Trophy-winning self....

> Large is in charge. And damn is he ever good.  Our duo

When doth Dallas make the trek North?

sgd