[thechat] Hockey

dave mclean dave at members.evolt.org
Sat Oct 20 02:30:25 CDT 2001

The Calgary Flames used to be in Atlanta, though if you've been there since
the 70s then you probably knew that. Hence the name.  It still works for us
I guess... I cheered for the Thrashers tonight against the Rangers, but to
no avail...  I loathe the Rangers (or Edmonton Oilers East with a big fat
budget.)

On 2001.10.19 21:14, Chris Spruck wrote:
> Heatley has a great eye and throws some serious moves too.

By coincidence, Heatley is from Calgary. I used to work with a guy who
played hockey with him until they were about 16. Of course, that's about the
time they separate the wheat from the chaff.

> This is too funny - last week in the local paper there was a blurb about
> Kovalchuk having 9 (that's not a typo) teeth pulled (non-injury related)
> and a quote from the writer was "Apparently, dental care in Russia is less
> than adequate. And his mother is rumored to be a dentist." :)

I laughed when I heard it too.  Way too funny.  Or should I say sad.  A lot
of international competitions that happen in North America have dentists on
staff as part of a service to the many "East Block" Europeans that come
over.  Last year there was a piano competition in Calgary (Esther Honens
International Piano Competition) and even they had a dentist.

How bizarre.

-d

_______
Labor: $30/hour