[thechat] NYPD and FDNY Hats

Dave Fitch lists at dere-street.com
Tue Oct 23 16:35:09 CDT 2001

"Salvatore Palmisano" <spalmisano at usashs.com> said:

>Anyone know who's selling these baseball caps?  I was watching the
>Giants/Eagles and the Yankees/Diamondbacks last night, saw them all over and
>realized Id love to have one.

Ok, when I was in NY several years ago, I was staying in the Holiday
Inn in Chinatown. Four hundred yards north of the hotel [just across
the road from the bicycle shop if I remember correctly... and this is
on the same street as the hotel, which was a north/south one...] was
a store selling all sorts of FDNY stuff: t shirts, hats, sweats etc.
etc. etc.. I think it has been there for years... so there is
somewhere in Manhattan with exactly what you want, if we can
collectively figure out where it is...

I know, those directions particularly suck, being a geographer and
all, but it's the best I can do...
OK, scratch that. Upon further review... [aka google...] you want
<http://www.nyfirestore.com/>

aka

New York Firefighter's Friend
263 Lafayette Street