[thechat] O Brother, drugs, movies, and hats

Erika Meyer emeyer at lclark.edu
Wed Oct 24 12:34:07 CDT 2001

>Maybe I'm just an isolated case but getting off of
>Paxil is no easy matter.

Type "Paxil" into Google and I'll bet you'll find you are not an
isolated case at all.

Having been on a very rocky road the past few years, more than one
Doc has tried to put me on Paxil or similar.  I resisted partly
because I thought it was unfair to prescribe antidepressants when my
depression was largely a response to being in a fucked up situation,
but also because web searches revealed a more disadvantages than
advantages to these drugs, including withdrawal issues, rebound
depression, and sometimes psychotic reations...

BTW many drug companies (Bayer, Monsanto) make pharmaceutical drugs
AND pesticides.  Cool, huh?   http://www.monsantos.com/

To be fair, GlaxoSmithKline is not one of them.

Good luck getting off the drugs.  You might consider looking into
some holistic medicine to help with the process.

Erika