[thechat] Hiding the real...showing the fake

Judah McAuley judah at wiredotter.com
Wed Oct 24 18:13:28 CDT 2001

A very silly article that I read today suggests (oh my god!) that the
Taliban might be trying to manipulate the media and putting a positive spin
on their side of things.  My favorite bit was:

So-called denial and deception techniques have been used by countries
including the United States throughout history, the official told reporters
at the Pentagon.
``If you look at denial as what we would call hiding the real, deception is
showing the fake,'' he said on condition of anonymity.

Where do we find these "anonymous officials"?  Denial = Hiding the
Real?  Isn't that revealing national secrets?  These people make my head hurt.

http://dailynews.yahoo.com/h/nm/20011024/ts/attack_military_deception_dc_1.html

sigh,
Judah