[thechat] Flashthread! - what are you listening to RIGHT NOW!

judah at wiredotter.com judah at wiredotter.com
Wed Oct 24 18:37:59 CDT 2001

At 04:22 PM 10/24/2001 -0700, you wrote:

>so what are YOU listening to?

Just popped in Ten by Pearl Jam, since I haven't listened to it in
awhile.  Besides that, today has been Quality Control (Jurrasic 5), Embrace
the Chaos (Ozomatli), Live From Mars (Ben Harper), Out of Range (Ani
Difranco) and On How Life Is (Macy Gray).  I've also been very much into
Stay Human by SpearHead.  I just say SpearHead last Friday night.  If
you've never seen SpearHead and they come your way, do it
immeadiately.  I've been listening to them and watching them for a few
years now and I honestly have to say that they have more to say than any
band I've seen, and they make me sweat harder than any band I've seen (with
the possible exception of Ozomatli).  And Michael Franti is absolutely
gorgeous.

by the by, I have to say that Sand in the Vaseline is one of the best
compilations I've seen put together.  Classic Talking Heads.

Judah