[thechat] O Brother, drugs, movies, and hats

Quackamoe quackamoe at yahoo.com
Thu Oct 25 21:14:28 CDT 2001

--- seb <seb at members.evolt.org> wrote:

> Paxil is, in general, pretty good. I've not actually
> used it (I got Lithium.
> Yay.), but I do know people that have been
> prescribed it, although one was for severe PMS.

Well, one thing I don't have to worry about is PMS.
Wrong equipment.

> Apparently, it takes a while to kick
> in, even with 50+ mg
> doses. She says, however, that it makes it pretty
> much impossible for a girl
> to achieve orgasm, so she stopped taking it!

Same thing for guys. There've been times in the last
year where I could have been real popular had I not
been so committed to the concept of marriage. ;) We
thought about writing a nice thank you note to the
manufacturers though.

> that UK hospitals pump into depressives has only
> questionable effect, other
> than making you puke your guts out over a period of
> days.

Oooh, not good. I don't like puking.

> > Smoking, incidentally, makes the situation
> dramatically worse.

Hmm, tobacco free since 1970. Have had pot, hash, and
peyote since my last cigarette! 'course the last of
any of that stuff was 1971.

> Multivits. With multivit Tropicana. Lots of sleep.

Too much sleep has been one of my problems. I have a
hard time falling asleep but in the last 6 months
have slept as much as 30 hours with just the
occasional
interruption for a trip to the lou - loo - lew -
lieuw.

> And Bran cereal. You need
> about 40mg iron per day if you're vegetarian, or
> 20mg if you're not. (Iron
> is absorbed more easily if you eat red meat.
> Bugger.)

I'll start checking into how much iron i'm getting.
Thanks for the number.

And thanks again to one and all. I got up feeling
better this morning and thought I'd actually go
looking
for a new office chair today. I'm currently sitting on
a 30+ year old secretary chair and since everything
hurts to begin with - well, I need something better.
Ended up spending most of the day asleep. After
sleeping 12 hours last night.

Terry

PS - did anybody catch the concert for New York?
I thought The Who totally stole the show! Man, were
they a rockin' bunch of old farts!