[thechat] Error 404 : Zork!

isaac isaac at members.evolt.org
Fri Oct 26 02:25:55 CDT 2001

> oh my god! you remember the characters! excellent. the Orcs were 'o's
> weren't they? which were the ones which killed you on sight? and
> which let out those awful shrieks? i should be able to remember... oh
> well.

@ = you or shopkeeper

b = giant bat?
c = cockatrice?
d = dog
g = gelatinous cube
h = hobgoblin?
k = killer bee
m = minotaur?
n = nurse something?
o = owlbear
p = piercer (fell from the ceiling, remember?)
t = tengu (they'd sting your legs or something)
u = unicorn
v = violet fungus?
y = yeti?

A = giant ant
D = demon?
L = leprechaun
O = orc
Z = zombie?

that's all i can remember. haven't played it in about 3 years.

i'm sure there's a list somewhere on the web.

i checked out an isometrical, graphical version of hack/nethack a few months
back, but it just wasn't the same.

(completely addicted to RTCW MP Test ATM)