[thechat] Error 404 : Zork!

Andrew Forsberg andrew at thepander.co.nz
Fri Oct 26 15:51:22 CDT 2001

>that's all i can remember. haven't played it in about 3 years.

which explains a bit -- haven't played it in 12-13 years. i seem to
remember the
,
;
'
series of monsters being particularly worthy of dread.

>@ = you or shopkeeper

    = ghost (' ')

a = ant ?

>b = giant bat?
>c = cockatrice?
>d = dog

e / E = floating eye ?

>g = gelatinous cube
>h = hobgoblin?

i / I = imp ?
j = jaguar ?

>k = killer bee
>m = minotaur?
>n = nurse something?
>o = owlbear
>p = piercer (fell from the ceiling, remember?)

q = qasar ?

>t = tengu (they'd sting your legs or something)
>u = unicorn
>v = violet fungus?

w = white something or other

>y = yeti?
>
>A = giant ant
>D = demon?

G = goblin?

>L = leprechaun
>O = orc

S = snake ? was it a long chain of Os? who knows

>Z = zombie?
>
>that's all i can remember. haven't played it in about 3 years.
>
>i'm sure there's a list somewhere on the web.
>
>i checked out an isometrical, graphical version of hack/nethack a few months
>back, but it just wasn't the same.
>
>(completely addicted to RTCW MP Test ATM)

I've never really tried out any of the wolfenstein games. Except,
jodi.org's excellent SOD. That was a rocking piece of software.

--
Andrew Forsberg
---