[thechat] Hockey Was: Re: Boring >

dave mclean dave at members.evolt.org
Sat Oct 27 13:07:07 CDT 2001

On 2001.10.26 08:20, Scott Dexter wrote:

>> played "organized" hockey as a youngster?
>
> that's okay, you'll still probably school me something terrible (though
> I'm already 2-2(4) two games into the new season =) )
>
> (that's 2 goals, 2 assists for 4 points for those of you playing the
> home game)

Not bad all-star.  I played a lot of ball-hockey (this was waaaaaaay before
inline skates) and even had one of my adult teeth knocked out by a nasty
check from behind into the cross bar.  I'm not afraid of the scrappy no refs
game, since all the guys I played with were about 8 years older than me.
Yeah, I was a punching bag.

As for organised sports I was more into downhill ski racing.  Seems
appropriate since we have so many mountains near by. My mom taught me to ski
when I was 4.

>> couch. Though djc spoiled that by singing Doors all night and
>> molesting your other house guests.  But I digress...
>
> oh yeah. You know I still have that stain on my couch? Try explaining
> that one to a date...

Um... it's nacho cheeze... yeah, that's it.

>> The boss says let's get it on.  Tell you what.  Where do you
>> want to sit?
>
> (remembering where Dave works) umm... the bench would be cool ;)

Sadly, I gave up my job at the 'Dome once I started working for the 'Man.'
It was the best job a University student could've had, and I'm so grateful
for it. I still have some contacts inside the org, especially now as pimping
for the man, my agency works for the Flames.  I'll see what I can get.

> just inside the building is good enough, whatever you can score I'm
> happy to commensurate with beer and pretzels (and whatever weird
> Canadian sporting event snacks that we don't know about down here)

Well, let's see... there's Tim Horton's, Wendy's, Little Caesar's, Pocket
Dawgs, Shaved Ice... and lots of other stuff, but I'm not sure which is
unique.

> mmmm, hockey...

Mmm.... hockey.

____