Remakes - (wuz - RE: [thechat] Flashthread! - what are you listening to RIGHT NOW!)

Andrew Forsberg andrew at thepander.co.nz
Sat Oct 27 18:17:59 CDT 2001

>  Social Distortion's version of "Ring of Fire" kicks ass

Quite like good ol' Johnny's cover of Cave's 'Mercy Seat'. I'd never
thought anyone would be able to cover that, but he made a damned good
job of it.

There are a few other really good covers on that album (Johnny Cash
-- American III: Solitary Man): Will Oldham's 'I See a Darkness',
Neil's 'Solitary Man', even (I can't believe I'm saying this) U2's
'One'. The way Johnny sings that it actually sounds like a good song,
who would have thought?

--
Andrew Forsberg
---