[thechat] Chasing Amy (was Re: Desert Island Stuff)

Kevin Stevens kjs at ratking.co.uk
Tue Oct 30 13:43:18 CST 2001

Interesting how I got a couple of in-depth answers, but Garrett managed to
sum it up in 3 words :)
Yeah, I totally agree with all that you have said, I suppose I just want
something different out of films. I get enough of seeing people being cruel
to each other every day, I want to be entertained when I go to the cinema. I
want to see aliens, explosions, and flash gadgets! And I want escapism, for
a couple of hours I want to laugh at some slapstick. It's a shame really,
because I have missed out on what I presume are some stunning films, Dancer
in the Dark for example. I suppose that after Clerks and Mallrats I was
expecting something a bit more amusing, hence my disappointment.

Kevin Stevens
kjs at ratking.co.uk