[thechat] Home Office Equipment

Martin martin at members.evolt.org
Sat Nov 3 04:49:00 CST 2001

Andrew Forsberg wrote on 3/11/01 2:00 am

>I'm just dreaming up the list of stuff I want to buy next year, and
>was hoping some of you with extensive (NINE COMPUTER!!!!) home
>offices could recommend some non-cripplingly-expensive gear.

Cable modem and Linksys router (ideally the one with
both wired and wireless LAN-facing NICs).

You'll need to live in an area covered by cable of course.

The Linksys is only a hundred quid or so - you don't
need to take out a mortgage the way you do with Cisco.

I'm telling you, it changed my life.

Cheers
Martin

email: martin at easyweb.co.uk             PGP ID: 0xA835CCCB
       martin at members.evolt.org      snailmail: 30 Shandon Place
  tel: +44 (0)774 063 9985                      Edinburgh,
  url: http://www.easyweb.co.uk                 Scotland