[thechat] Re: Tony Blair

Dave Fitch lists at dere-street.com
Mon Nov 5 15:06:06 CST 2001

Erika Meyer <emeyer at lclark.edu> said:

>okay, I'll say it.
>
>I think Blair's accent sounds "snooty."

Well, Fettes isn't exactly a working class school...
And some of us would say that the upper-class accents in Edinburgh
aren't particularly Scottish either... but that's another story
altogether.

>I just remembered that TV show... "Keeping Up Appearances."

I used to go out with someone who acted rather like I supposed a
young Hyacinth would... which was rather surreal and quite funny at
times...!
Dave