[thechat] latest site launch - suitforhire.com

dave mclean dave at members.evolt.org
Tue Nov 6 22:01:58 CST 2001

On 2001.11.06 20:10, Isaac Forman wrote:

> http://www.suitforhire.com
>
> See what you think.

Getting a word wrap on e commerce on the front page.  Either hyphen it, or
make it one word.  You decide. :-)  Do you have to actually show the 'suits'
on every page... They're nice looking guys and all... but I suppose the
alternative is useless stock photography with cheesy metaphors.  On second
thought, leave the suits in.

The background graphics are nice, as always isaac, but I find them somewhat
distracting.  I'm having a hard time taking my eyes off of them to read the
text.  That could be a problem.  I want to say screen behind the text, but I
know that would kill the boldness of the hard edges on the top left corner.
I don't know.  What do you think about it?

I suppose since you're showing us and telling us that it's live under tight
budget you're not asking for a critique for changes.  Let's consider this a
post-mortem.

Overall, I like it.  Your sense if design is great.

-d

____
damclean 403.708.6215
dave at members.evolt.org