[thechat] Re: Announcement

r937 at interlog.com r937 at interlog.com
Thu Nov 8 08:21:33 CST 2001

way to go, ron!!

(second the motion for a reminder closer to the date)

though it seems like alex trebek has been in hollywood for decades -- and he
has -- he's originally from canada

in 1967 he was the host of a cbc quiz showed called "reach for the top" in
which two teams of high school students answered popup and followup questions
(can't remember what the prize was, a plaque probably), and i was on the team
from sir wilfrid laurier collegiate

after the first taping, which our school won, he goes "well, that was a nice
warmup" and then we had another taping, which we lost

i can still recall the creamy beige corduroy suit i wore...

too bad it happened well before the vcr was invented

rudy