[thechat] Breaking news - another airplane goes down in NYC

Erika Meyer emeyer at lclark.edu
Mon Nov 12 12:48:43 CST 2001

>><>
>>and that it is *supposed* to be able to fly even if an engine were to fall
>>off.
><>
>the plane might be able to fly, but takeoff is a whole different thing.

sorry for the lack o' detail, Ron.  The expert guy (didn't catch his
name...) said it should still be able to climb w/o one engine on
take-off.

Sheesh.  You and I should have dinner some time.

We'd be sitting there yelling and waving our forks in the air, and
we'd need a whole set of Encyclopedias, a world almanac, an atlas,
and an OED within arms reach...

So I'm coming over for Thanksgiving.  Where do you live, again?

>Thanks,
>Ron White

Erika