[thechat] weather in Ireland

Quackamoe quackamoe at yahoo.com
Tue Nov 13 20:53:08 CST 2001

--- spinhead <evolt at spinhead.com> wrote:
> Thanks, Garrett and John. Yeah, I realize it's not
> southern California ;)

I'm in SoCal right now, Mojave Desert actually. We
had a real good rain last night. Finally.

> but you gave me what I'm looking for. We'd probably
> be starting in Dublin,
> then driving south and west around the coast, doing
> bed&breakfasts as far as

That sounds great! There's something about Irish
oatmeal. Excellent. I toured Ireland in September
1974. I was glad I had a sweater most of the time.
Or was that ALL the time? Lots of rain. Some of my
best recollections are of just sitting and watch it
rain over that incredible scenery. But then, I'm from
the desert and rain is a great change of pace.

> other stuff you do in Ireland.

In Galway we went to a singing pub where a school
teacher played the piano and two Irish merchant marine
types - they worked on ships between Ireland and the
UK - put on a show that was the highlight of the trip!

> Yeah; scenery. That's it.

Right ON!! Beautiful. I've long held that if you hit
Ireland, London, and Switzerland, you've traveled
pretty dang well. Do you fish? I know some guys in
central Ireland who are fishing guide type guys. I'll
send along their URL if you're interested.

Terry