HP and Trailers [was: Re: [thechat] leonids]

Quackamoe quackamoe at yahoo.com
Sun Nov 18 17:56:36 CST 2001

--- Martin <martin at members.evolt.org> wrote:

> Cheers
> Martin
> (saw Harry Potter today, and the trailers were Star
> Wars (the
> forbidden love trail), LotR and Monsters Inc which
> took the piss out of HP *&* LotR)

I saw HP on Friday. Twice. At Ontario Mills. With the
tickets I bought online back on Monday. Excellent.
The 3pm matinee didn't have as many trailers as the
11:15pm showing. It was interesting watching HP in
a very large, almost sold-out room with an audience
made up entirely of adults and adolescents. No
children
at all. Okay, point taken that the adults were prolly
all adolescents too. :)

'The Majestic' looks really good. We didn't get Star
Wars at all, but I did see the teaser when seeing
Monsters Inc. Looked surprisingly good. On the way to
the late night HP I told my sorta grown kids that
there
was no LotR trailer, so when the Shire showed up on
screen I was REALLy surprised and pleased. I'll be
going to movietickets.com every few days to see if
LotR tickets are available. They had some very large
posters for LotR in the AMC theater, so I should be
able to get tickets online. For whatever reason, at
movietickets.com you can't get tickets for Edwards
theaters.

Martin, what does

> took the piss out of HP *&* LotR)

mean? The Star Wars trailer* prevented you from
enjoying HP and now you don't want to see LotR? Or
was it the Monsters, Inc ditty? Uh, okay, maybe I'm
seeing it now. You do mean the Monsters, Inc one, eh?
I thought it was quite a brilliant piece. So, it
seems,
did most of the audience. Oh, and there was a huge
round of applause after the LotR trailer.

Other trailers were Jimmy Neutron and ... duh, drawing
a blank. The little white mouse with voice by Michael
J. Fox 2. Look to be good enough within their genres.

Oh, and I *loved* HP. Twice.

Terry

* was the Star Wars offering a trailer or was it just
  the teaser?