[thechat] leonids

Seb seb at members.evolt.org
Tue Nov 20 11:27:06 CST 2001

At 15:12 18/11/2001, you wrote:
>so, did anybody see anything?

Nope. Dammit.

>i got up at 4:30 a.m. but it was clouded over -- drat and dagnabit!

Ditto. A right pain in the posterior, especially seeing as I'd been awake
coding until 2.30am

>check this out -- http://vis.sdsc.edu/research/orion.html -- the 15meg
>quicktime seemed to be broken, but the 29meg mpeg worked great
>
>ahh, broadband... not really worth $40/month (that's canadian, so it'd be
>about
>$26 in real money) but once in a while you appreciate being able to download
>29megs in under two hours...

I just ADSL installed in my flat yesterday. 50 quid a month, which in
canadian money is about 90 million dollars or something. Really not worth
the money for a 576kbps line compared to $10/mo for 100mbps in Sweden, but
it's still a vast improvement on a crappy 56k modem @ 20 quid a month.

Right, time to go violate some copyright.

Seb.