[thechat] Organizing MP3s - need help with categories/genres

Quackamoe quackamoe at yahoo.com
Sat Nov 24 01:24:34 CST 2001

Back when Napster was up and running my daugher and
son-in-law had a cable modem and have about 3GB worth
of MP3s. Well, between the turkey and the chocolate
pie I managed to get the MP3s burned onto CDs. Now I'm
organized this stuff at all; just one big napster
folder with a bjillion songs in it. Now I'm trying
to make some sense of it but find myself needing to
improve my hierarchy of subfolders.

Under classical I have baroque, classical, romantic,
national romanticism, impressionism, neo-Romanticism
and pretty well know what goes into which folder. But,
where do I put Van Morrision? Rock? Jazz? My
son-in-law
told me recently that the Dave Matthews Band was
considered "Adult Contemporary." Where to put Lisa
Loeb and Natalie Imbruglia? Wham?? Umm, Sinatra???

So, any URLs that have a good hierarchy or anything
that will help me out with this?

Thanks in advance,

Terry 'gotta do SOMEthing during the holidays' Fowler