[thechat] war phase 2

Erika Meyer emeyer at lclark.edu
Mon Nov 26 16:38:23 CST 2001

http://www.cnn.com/2001/US/11/26/ret.bush.terrorism/index.html
anyone want to take bets on when the US plans to attack Iraq?

I mean with a full-on war.  January?

It will depend in part on how quickly we are able to "finish off"
Afghanistan, & move toward getting nice pro-US regime in place.  We
need that pipeline for our Caspian oil.  (I'll take a double shot of
blood with mine, thank you.)

Then there has to be a set up.

First there's going to have to be a bunch of saber rattling... Iraq
will have to be properly demonized... maybe we can use the adjective
"evil" for a change.

Then Bush will give the ultimatum.  The ultimatum  will have to be
constructed in such a way that Iraq either looses face, or gets its
ass kicked in a war.  It will have to be an impossible choice, of
course.

After defeating them, we will portray ourselves as "liberators" of
the Iraqi people.  We will then rebuild with a pro-US government.
The manufacture of war and the resulting US-friendly regimes will
help US businesses.  So everybody wins.

And then we move on to the next country, the next manufactured situation.

blitzkrieg is so intoxicating...  why stop when you're on a roll?

More blood?  Why yes, thank you.
One more shot for the road before I go home to hug my child.