[thechat] war phase 2

Erika Meyer emeyer at lclark.edu
Tue Nov 27 16:53:06 CST 2001

On the freedoms of the US being a result of nationalism, bloodshed,
and warfare:

other far-less positive things are also a result of nationalism,
bloodshed, & warfare.  For example, the degradation of the
environment (land stolen from Indigenous and exploited/polluted for
profit), the breakdown in the family (especially amongst minorities),
inter-generational child molestation, rape, destruction of culture
and languages, drug abuse, etc etc.

As for the first part: nationalism... nation-state-hood...
absolutely, there is a core problem there.

Live by the sword, die by the sword.  That's the choice of nation-statehood.

D.Hawk's book "Chaordic Universe" and Leonard Schlain's "Alphabet vs.
the Goddess" offer interesting views on how we got to where we are
today, where we may be headed next.  In terms of power struggles...

Things are not always/have not always been the same... change happens.

... fingers... getting... tired.... now...

Erika