[thechat] pure evil: Tobacco giant buys rights to lung cancer drugs

Luther, Ron Ron.Luther at compaq.com
Mon Dec 3 15:27:36 CST 2001

Naw ... that's cool.

I respect your stance 100%, pal!

I guess for me I found the article more amusing than offensive.

<excuse>
{... besides ... I've been reading the Joan D. Vinge "Psion" trilogy
pretty heavily lately ... which kind of has an Ayn Rand-ish view of
corporate morality that seemed to dovetail in here ...}
</excuse>

[Mind you, there ARE things that offend me - (I had a chance to make BIG
$$ trading kruggerands in the early 80's, and I *knew* it was a
'guaranteed financial win' at the time too!  {This isn't a "hindsight
only" thing.}) - I passed 'cuz I just couldn't do it - and I have no
regrets.]

RonL.