[thechat] sport and life?

Joe Crawford jcrawford at avencom.com
Wed Dec 5 12:06:16 CST 2001

hey gang --

I'm curious - how many of you play sport on a regular basis? I know rudy
plays football (can't remember if it's canadian or american).

all my life I've discounted sport altogether -- but recently I'm really
enjoying racquetball -- a great game which I'm playing regularly.

i still pretty much find televised sports unwatchable - but I'm finding
a greater appreciation for it on a personal level. maybe some modified
greek mind|body thing going on.

if I had kids I think I'd be pretty skeptical about time dedicated to
sport vs. school / intellectual / social pursuits - but I'm rethinking
that now. here in the usa people definitely take sports too seriously.

moderation in all things, I suppose.

er -- so my question -- do you play a sport? if so, what? and why? and
if not - why? and why not?

	- joe <http://artlung.com/>