[thechat] sport and life?

Shaun Anderson shaunanderson at shaunanderson.info
Wed Dec 5 12:55:41 CST 2001

Don't know if you'd call it a sport, but I run between 20 and 60 min a day
5-6 times a week.

During the summer, I mountain bike 2-3 times a week instead of running.  I
like mountain biking because it's always outdoors, and I live near the
rockies, so there's plenty of awesome scenery around.  Believe it or not I
find pounding around on a bike to be relaxing. :-)

I lift weights at the gym 3 times a week for about a half hour, followed by
some sort of cardio (running/stationary bike/stairs/whatever) for 20-40
minutes.

I started the gym stuff because my friend said to lose the weight that I
wanted to lose I'd have to start building muscle (more muscle means more fat
burned for the same activity).  I don't want to get huge or anything, but
looking muscular won't be a problem if it happens.  The gym's fun because I
always go with a friend.  It's really boring to go by myself...

I also like playing badminton, basketball and Ultimate (Frisbee game.  Rules
are sort of like football, but it's non-contact) on occasion.