[thechat] sport and life?

Scott Dexter sgd at ti3.com
Thu Dec 6 10:59:51 CST 2001

> I think you'd have both spillage and outage problems with
> skiing.

while difficult to do while skiing, the chairlift is the perfect place
to reset: light a smoke and take a few swigs from a flask. I know a few
people who subscribe to this torture, but cannot. --I enjoy the sport
too much to be impaired while doing it. Besides, I don't want to eat
trees.

The only sports I'll play while drinking: bowling, golf, softball, and
Ultimate (yeah, Ultimate. Alcohol in one hand, Gatorade in the other.
Despite the fact that it as much --if not more-- running as soccer, the
atmosphere around the fields is, well, lively =) A buncha crazy kids, I
tell you. Any sport that awards bonuses for Land Sharks* has got to be a
blast)

dex

*From http://ultilingo.com/ "land shark" Occasionally a group of players
will lift a completely naked male on their shoulders with a disc wedged
between his buttocks and proceed to run around the field chanting "land
shark!" [also land porpoise {female}, see Sea World]