[thechat] Fwd: RE: [WD]: Re: [WD] Using Java applets

Madhu Menon webguru at vsnl.net
Fri Dec 7 14:03:36 CST 2001

Erika,

You once asked me where I got the impression that Americans didn't
understand other cultures. Well, I'm forwarding this message from a person
on another mailing list. He sent me this when I told him not to refer to
India as "third world".

The only consolation is that he's been unsubbed from that list.

(oh, you're *on* that list)

People like him are the proverbial rotten apple in the basket.

Madhu

>From: "Jacob Metcalf" <jmetcalf at northsound.net>
>To: webguru at vsnl.net
>Subject: RE: [WD]: Re: [WD] Using Java applets
>Date: Fri, 7 Dec 2001 11:57:52 -0800
>
>Until India controls it's birth rate, abolishes the Caste System,
>Lowers it's infant mortality rate, Respects civil rights, Passes
>child labor laws that the US did a century ago and practices nuclear
>responsibility and develops a tech economy that is not parasitic to
>the American tech economy then I will actually consider them a member
>of the civilized world.
>Jacob Metcalf
>Stereotypical /Graphic Designer / Flash Developer / Multimedia Nerd /
>8-bit Game Player

Madhu Menon
User Experience Consultant
e-mail: webguru at vsnl.net