[thechat] Fw: Pudding?!?

Bob Davis bobd at members.evolt.org
Fri Dec 7 15:08:46 CST 2001

At 12:45 PM -0800 12/7/01, Erika Meyer wrote:

>One additional thought about scrambled tacos...
>
>If you want to be a cowboy AND kick Texas ass (and who doesn't), try
>adding the New Mexico touch.
>
>... by which I mean you grab some green chiles, roast 'em in the
>oven, peel 'em, chop 'em up, and mix 'em in with the rest.

You forgot the part about leaving the chiles in a paper bag to steam
for a couple minutes before peeling them (under water, with gloves
on...don't rub your eye!).  That gives them time to cook a little.

Would adding salsa made with mesquite smoked jalapeños count? Smoky
Hill Salsa (the hot one) from the Austin Spice Company
(http://www.austinspice.com/products.html ) kicks ass. It's my
favorite.

I make egg and cheese tacos on soft, white corn tortillas with that
salsa (or hot sauce, as it is called here in San Antonio) sometimes.
If there are some refried black beans around open, I'll add that too.
Yummy.

bob

--
bob davis