[thechat] Fw: Pudding?!?

Erika Meyer emeyer at lclark.edu
Fri Dec 7 15:28:53 CST 2001

bob wrote:

>You forgot the part about leaving the chiles in a paper bag to steam
>for a couple minutes before peeling them

Sounds vaguely familiar... though I've only roasted & peeled hot from
the oven.  Not much anymore, sad to say...

& (disclaimer) not New Mexican, but dated one for some years...
(Spanish-speaking Americans since the 1600s you know the routine...
still don't to speak English...)

from this town:
http://www.crea.org/lasvegas.htm

I probably stayed with this guy way too long, when it was really the
Sangre de Christos that I loved.

And the chiles.

*sigh*

>I make egg and cheese tacos on soft, white corn tortillas with that
>salsa (or hot sauce, as it is called here in San Antonio) sometimes.
>If there are some refried black beans around open, I'll add that
>too. Yummy.

I *heart* black beans.

Erika