[thechat] OSX/Appletalk help

Martin martin at members.evolt.org
Fri Dec 7 17:16:27 CST 2001

could be for here, could be for thelist. I'm going for here...

I'm trying to connect my G3 back up to my LaserWriter4/600,
which as you might know is an AppleTalk printer without
an ethernet interface.

So it has to be via the olde faithful printer port, the way it used
to be back in the days (last week) of OS9.01 and under.

But in the Networking control panel, the Printer port doesn't
have an Appletalk option. And it seems to have disappeared
from Classic too.

Anyone with ideas? Otherwise I've got an LW 4/600 going
spare...

Cheers
Martin
   tel:	+44 (0)774 063 9985				Edinburgh,