[thechat] is your son a hacker?

Shaun Anderson shaunanderson at shaunanderson.info
Mon Dec 10 23:04:54 CST 2001

This is hilarious :-)  Is this guy for real?

I guess that my brother are "hackers" by this guys definition because:
We install software. (How much fun can you have without doing this every
once in a while?)
We asked for new hardware (We needed that faster processor to play DOOM....)
(Dad choose the AMD chip himself too.)
We read.  Does reading "Programming with Perl," "Hackers" and "Microserfs,"
(Which is hilarious btw) make me a hacker?
We spend more than 30 minutes a day on the computer.
We played Quake (and Doom, Castle Wolfenstein, RotT)  My Mother bought me
Doom for Christmas....  At that time, the school would have thought that she
was nuts if she said she was concerned that I was playing Doom.
My brother installed "Lunix" by "Linyos Torovoltos" for fun.
We changed the way we dressed. (Because we grew up) Also, his description of
"hackers" is more descriptive of "ravers"

Also, I'm kind of annoyed that all hackers are apparently boys.  Where am I
going to find a hacker chick to be my gf? ;-)

My Bro and I are 19 & 21 respectively.  We've been "hacking" by this
defenition for about 8 or 9 years...

If you haven't already read this I suggest you do.  It's hilarious.

http://home.dal.net/shrub/Adequacy_org%20%20Is%20Your%20Son%20a%20Computer%2
0Hacker.htm

Shaun