[thechat] partial solar eclipse

Chris Spruck cspruck at mindspring.com
Wed Dec 12 23:27:59 CST 2001

Rudy,

I'll see your meteor shower and raise you a partial solar eclipse!
Unfortunately, for those across the pond, it's primarily in North America.
If you have binoculars, you can project it against a wall or something and
focus it, but don't hold them in place for too long - I've heard of cases
where lenses can heat up and come unglued from the tubes - instant
kaliedoscope!! And whatever you do - DON'T look through the binoculars to
aim or focus the projection. Usually sunspots are easily visible if they're
present.

http://www.space.com/scienceastronomy/solarsystem/solar_eclipse_011211.html

Chris