General RedHat questions (was: RE: [thechat] Red Hat keeps locking)

Chris and Danielle Johnston cdjohnston4 at rogers.com
Thu Dec 13 19:27:17 CST 2001

Okay, now that I have decided to start fresh, I have a few general
Linux/Red Hat question that maybe you Linux Gurus could supply some
answers to.

1. For a dual boot system, which is the better boot loader - LILO or
Grub - and why?

2. Does anyone know of any good Red Hat specific tutorials for
configuring Linux for @home. I am on Rogers at home and need to config Red
Hat as a DHCP client to work with their network. All the tutorials that
I have so far show how to set the computer up with a static IP address.
I need it to work with a dynamic IP.

3. What is the best email client available for Linux? I really liked
Evolution 1.0, but are there other ones out there like it?

4. What is the best site on the web for learning Red Hat/Linux? I have
tried the manuals at RedHat.com and have found them lacking somewhat.

Thanks,

chris