[thechat] FW: Request for assistance

Andrew Forsberg andrew at thepander.co.nz
Mon Dec 17 00:59:30 CST 2001

I've received this on three of my four active email addresses.

Still, it's not half as weird or creative as the one I received from
Princess Zainab Williams, daughter of the (I quote): 'late KING
SANKOH AGOMAKA WILLIAMS the XI of MENDE TRIBE in Sierra Leone', who
wanted someone to arrange for some horrendous amount of money to
transfer from a British bank account to <insert victim of email hoax
here>'s bank account. That one even included photos of the booty to
be collected!

Can't quite see how either hoax could be used to defraud the email
recipient or others, but I'm entirely unimaginative when it comes to
organizing fraud. This 'strictly confidential' one finishes half
sentence...

Anyhow, weird,
Andrew

--