[thechat] steaks for roky

John Handelaar john at userfrenzy.com
Mon Dec 17 19:04:10 CST 2001

On Mon, 2001-12-17 at 20:40, David McCreath wrote:
> King, the drummer for the Butthole Surfers hasn't eaten a steak since
> 1981. He's ready to eat one (with anyone who wants to come along) and
> video tape it if he gets enough money. All proceeds go to the Roky
> Erickson Trust.
>
> full info and donation page: http://www.buttholesurfers.com/steak.html

Of course, when your stage act includes covering the cymbals
in gasoline, setting them ablaze and then hitting them hard
enough to torch the ceiling with a 40' tower of flame, I suppose
that eating a steak is a bit, well, anticlimactic.

If you've never seen them live, do so (mind you, I was still
a teenaged indie kid last time I saw them, but they were good
about [mumble] years ago, anyway).

John Handelaar

T +44 20 8933 1494       M +44 7930 681789
F +44 870 169 7657   E john at userfrenzy.com