[thechat] Whisky Question

Martin martin at members.evolt.org
Thu Dec 20 02:36:05 CST 2001

On Thursday, December 20, 2001, at 05:31  am, Andrew Forsberg wrote:

> I'm giving the gift of scotch to several clients this year. I can't
> quite afford bottles of 16 year old Lagavulin all round, but found a
> single malt scotch called Loch Lomond at a reasonable price. In fact,
> it's a bit disturbingly reasonable. Has anyone else tried this?

Rings vague bells

> It's the 'Loch Lomond Pure Malt, Single Highland, Malt Scotch Whiskey'.
> There's no age on it, so I'm guessing it's not. :)

Fortunately there's laws covering what's allowed to be called Scotch
Whisky - it has to be Whisky made and matured (for at *least* 3 years)
in Scotland.

> Google revealed very little on it, and I'm afraid it's unlisted on
> malts.com (which is another reason why I'm a bit hesitant).

Yeah, well, malts.com lists their own brands, plus some major
competitors (which is why Highland Park is on there).

More worrying is that Michael Jackson doesn't list it.

Cheers
Martin
   tel:	+44 (0)774 063 9985				Edinburgh,