[thechat] Now what! (Microsoft investigating alleged flaw in IE browser)

Olly Hodgson gnarly at punkass.com
Tue Jan 8 21:20:40 CST 2002

----- Original Message -----
From: "Garrett Coakley" <garrett at polytechnic.co.uk>
Subject: Re: [thechat] Now what! (Microsoft investigating alleged flaw in IE
browser)

> >Three cheers for Opera, Mozilla, Konqueror, Galeon and Netscape!
>
> And a shout out for OpenOffice6, (the beta version is fantastic and final
> version is due out in a couple of months) and Evolution (which just rocks
> generally).
>
> So, lets see....that's browsing, office apps, and email/calendaring/
> groupware taken care of.
>
> Someone tell me why people still use Windows again?

Games (Although Unreal Tourney and Q3A are on Linux are they not?),
Photoshop, Dreamweaver, Solitaire, Windows Update, hardware manufacturer
support, and the fact that its so damn easy to set up, use, and look after!

I dont want to have to recompile the kernel every time I change the
slightest thing. Silly silly silly! Someone has to come up with a Home User
Linux where all the scary CLI stuff is hidden (except for advanced users)
Windows stylee. Corel Linux came pretty close, but I'm not sure if thats
still in development. QNX is fairly easy to set up and use too. Lets see
what Lindows can do shall we?

Olly