[thechat] What Linux Apps WAS: Now what!

Daniel J. Cody djc at members.evolt.org
Wed Jan 9 09:31:36 CST 2002

Mike King wrote:

> Right, I'm intrigued to find out what people use on Linux for thier
> 'core' programs... by that I mean:
>
> email

i'll switch between evolution and mozilla mail(thanks to imap), although
at home, its pure mozilla(fwiw, i've always used the NS based email though)

> browsers

mozilla, exclusivley since .9.2

> news reader

mozilla

> irc client

bitchx from my members.evolt.org account. if i'm lazy, xchat

> instant message client (all types icq/yahoo/aim etc)

i've only used icq, so licq

> word processor, spreadsheet or office style packages.

open office. reads and writes proprietary formats like MS Office. free,
faster.

obviously, mozilla does it for me ;)

.djc.