[thechat] Now what! (Microsoft investigating alleged flaw in IEbrowser)

Joe Crawford jcrawford at avencom.com
Wed Jan 9 12:14:10 CST 2002

Ron White wrote:

> Uh, hmm let's see, because its nearly impossible to get the muckety mucks to
> upgrade their OS, let alone try to teach them a completely new one? Unless
> it acts EXACTLY like windoze (without the flaws) it won't fly beyond the
> tech world...

Hm. http://www.newsforge.com/article.pl?sid=01/08/10/1441239

All it takes the will.

And it takes being able to look at that software license budget for 100s
or 1000s of seats of Windows and software and say "well, why *do* we
spend all that money, when we also have to spend money on training and
maintenance? The OSS are cheaper!"

But that takes guts.

	- Joe <http://artlung.com/>