[thechat] Now what! (Microsoft investigating alleged flaw in IE browser)

Lachlan Cannon tiedefenderdelta6 at yahoo.com
Wed Jan 9 21:54:41 CST 2002

> Hey Lachlan-
>
> linux is supposed to suck up most of the free physical
> memory you have
> on your computer. its what gives it it's minty fresh
> memory managment
> and contributes to its sexy uptimes :)
>
> http://www.linuxdoc.org/LDP/sag/buffer-cache.html

Ok fair enough then, but it was also super slow and super
crashy. I had to kill the gui every hour and restart it,
almost. Plus I had some linux guy raving at me about how it
barely uses any RAM at all, and you could run it easily
with 24 mb, even though this install was slow with the 64.
I have no problem with linux, just when it doesn't work.
Plus Max Payne won't be ported to linux, so even if I did
use it I'd have to keep my windows too! ;)

=====