[thechat] Something Else...Sci-Fi I Guess (Was: Silk?)

Erika Meyer emeyer at lclark.edu
Thu Jan 10 16:28:59 CST 2002

I personally enjoy the use of "x" as a sub for other letters...

but as a child I was always a bit puzzled by the "Deer XING" signs.
http://www.petsignsplus.com/oswildlife/odeer.html

In my head I was always thinking it sounds like "Deer ZING!"
And then one day I thought to myself... Deer ZING?  That makes no sense.

dang, I think it was not helpful to skip my lunch break.

Erika