[thechat] new topic - hypnosis

dave mclean dave at members.evolt.org
Thu Jan 10 23:39:20 CST 2002

> For those of you who have never smoked, I can tell you that quitting
> is *very* hard. The drug itself is a monster, and the habits
> surrounding smoking are just as compelling. For those of you who
> smoke or did - you know, and I'm reminded again of just what I'm up
> against.

Bob, I've never smoked in my life. Well, cigarettes. And no not weed
either... <shhhh>I've smoked the occasional [1 a year] cigar.</shhhh> My Mom
is a smoker and I always hated it. So, I'm really lucky. I have friends
around me that have tried and failed. But I also have some friends who have
tried and succeeded.

Either way, I'm proud of you <sniff> and you're doing the right thing.  Good
luck to you man. I'm rooting! <-- Aussies don't confuse my meaning.

> Have any of you tried hypnosis for anything

Yes, mostly for entertainment at those Adult hypnosis shows.  My buddy was
hypnotised and ended up making love to a chair. Quite funny.  Then after the
show the guy (Anthony Cools) sold his tapes and Claire and I bought two. One
was for memory, and I forgot where I put it... And the other was for
something else... No, I'm just kidding, it was for self-image.  I don't know
if they work for the suggestions on them, but I do know that the beginning
part of hypnosis is very relaxing and it is a great way to go to sleep at
night.  Truly blissful.  I sleep like a rock and there's no medication
involved.  I say that's a win-win situation.

If you get a chance, get some of that on tape.

-d

____
damclean 403.708.6215
dave at members.evolt.org