[thechat] Something Else...Sci-Fi I Guess (Was: Silk?)

matthew garrett matthew.garrett at snet.net
Fri Jan 11 13:18:39 CST 2002

Yer damn right Louisiana is the tallest.

Here's my favorite picture of the capital building (in my home town of Baton
Rouge). That's it over on the right...
http://ajmeek.com/gallery1indus-exxonfire.htm

That would be what was, for a long time, the largest oil refinery in the
world on the left. Don't know where it places now. My grandfather and my
uncle both worked there many moons ago.

The La. Capital was also where they made the film of the University of Texas
Bell-tower shootings. I think the good folks in Austin wanted no reminder of
it, and i don't blame them.

Matt G