Architecture was: [thechat] Something Else...Sci-Fi I Guess (Was: Silk?)

Martin martin at members.evolt.org
Fri Jan 11 17:32:31 CST 2002

On Friday, January 11, 2002, at 06:29  pm, nate koechley wrote:

> <quote>The Italian Renaissance Revival style Capitol [of Texas] is 585
> feet 10 inches long, 299 feet ten inches wide and at 302.64 feet high
> is approximately 14 feet taller than the national capitol in
> Washington, D.C. The Texas Capitol is not the tallest state capitol
> though. The tower style Louisiana Capitol is the tallest. </quote>

<troll type="tongue in cheek">

So are Americans incapable of designing any other type of parliament
building than damned pastiche Italianate Capitols with silly domes and
pompous steps up to them? Even when they've invaded other people's
countries?

http://www.easyweb.co.uk/pics/cuba/005.jpg
http://www.easyweb.co.uk/pics/cuba/032_9.jpg
http://www.easyweb.co.uk/pics/cuba/003.jpg