[thechat] LoA

Quackamoe quackamoe at yahoo.com
Mon Jan 14 17:53:04 CST 2002

--- Ben Dyer <ben_dyer at imaginuity.com> wrote:

> I a shallow movie-goer in saying that the first DVD
> I bought was "The
> Matrix"? :)  (I bought American Beauty and Full
> Metal Jacket right after that - I promise!)

Nah!! What's wrong with liking fun movies? I remember
a conversation on "Roswell" comparing "Crouching
Tiger"
and "Matrix":

Max: but Crouching Tiger has content, it's *about*
     something: love, honor, friendship. . . .
Michael: Matrix has content too. It's got computers,
         martial arts, and guns!

You *bought* FMJ? Even though I consider myself a
pretty serious Stanley Kubrick fan, FMJ went into my
"Great Movies I'll Probably Only See Once" folder.

I *ordered* the "National Geographic Beyond the Movie
-
The Lord of the Rings" when it was discussed here
recently, so it's technically my first. I picked up
"A Tribute to Heroes" last week, so it's the first
DVD I bought and brought home. Still no DVD player, so
I sent it to San Diego with my daughter with the
stipulation that I get it back when I buy a player.

Terry