[thechat] LoA

Ben Dyer ben_dyer at imaginuity.com
Mon Jan 14 18:41:39 CST 2002

On 05:53 PM 1/14/2002, Quackamoe said to me:

>--- Ben Dyer <ben_dyer at imaginuity.com> wrote:
>
> > I a shallow movie-goer in saying that the first DVD
> > I bought was "The
> > Matrix"? :)  (I bought American Beauty and Full
> > Metal Jacket right after that - I promise!)
> >
>Nah!! What's wrong with liking fun movies? I remember
>a conversation on "Roswell" comparing "Crouching
>Tiger"
>and "Matrix":
>
>Max: but Crouching Tiger has content, it's *about*
>      something: love, honor, friendship. . . .
>Michael: Matrix has content too. It's got computers,
>          martial arts, and guns!

Yeah, but not, you know, On the Waterfront, Raging Bull, Citizen Kane,
Fight Club, Dr. Strangelove...

Kinda the equivalent of the first person landing on Mars racing to the
bottom and yelling "Wheeeeeeeee.  Look at meeee."  Like it should be
something more important or whatever.

(Meh.  I'm feelin' kinda loopy right now...prolly time to go home.)

>You *bought* FMJ? Even though I consider myself a
>pretty serious Stanley Kubrick fan, FMJ went into my
>"Great Movies I'll Probably Only See Once" folder.

I just love yelling along with whats-his-name the drill instructor.

"WHAT IS YOUR MAJOR MALFUNCTION, NUMB-NUTS? DIDN'T MOMMY AND DADDY SHOW YOU
ENOUGH ATTENTION AS A CHILD?"

But Dr. Strangelove is still the best.

--Ben

http://www.imaginuity.com/