[thechat] Momento (Was: How could LoA be a subject for sooooo long?) (Becomes: SXSW)

matthew garrett matthew.garrett at snet.net
Mon Jan 21 07:42:45 CST 2002

> From: dave mclean <dave at members.evolt.org>

> Holy Mind-Fuck Batman.

Yep, neat, eh?

> Just finished watching it on all y'all's advice.  Hope I don't dream about
> it tonight. Quite the film, was it debuting at last year's SXSW?

It was some kind of premier, but not the *big* one.

> Anybody else planning on going?

I'm pretty sure I'm going, but i haven't signed up yet. I really enjoyed the
movie part of it - including a handful of good documentaries.

Some favorites:
Memento - we're all hip to that

The Journey - people in a VW bus driving cross-country and talking to
"successful" people, looking for wisdom. Notable moments: bringing the CEO
of UPS to tears; getting Henry "The Fonz" Winkler to stop giving toss-off
answers and really talk about things/life. The guy had some good
interviewing skills.

Okie Noodling - people catching giant catfish with their bare hands

Down From the Mountain - the concert of the players from "O' Brother Where
Art Thou?" soundtrack. Fantastic.

matt g.